Sunday, December 16, 2012

My Best Presentation Ever.

I can't believe it, my team group presentation in the Personal Development-100 class(PD-100) was a huge success. I though for a second that I was going to mess up, and fortunately it ended being pretty entertaining.

3 weeks before the presentation, I was in a rush giving the final touches to my part because I believed that my team group was next to present, so I spent all night long practicing in front of a mirror and measured my time as well. Though it wasn't for my time to present that week, I kept analyzing the other group presentations.

I sweared to myself not to use flash cards at all. I wanted 100% eye contact with the audience. The parts I most enjoyed from each presentation were the group activities because these activities connected the presenters with their audience, the learning was more interactive that way, and everyone would feel as being part of the presentation instead of just listening and wait for the presentation to finish. I wanted at least 2 activities in my presentation.The pure thought of making my friends and the teacher dance aerobics was pretty hilarious indeed.

 2 days before my group presentation, I took the Fralick Ch.12 quiz on blackboard(the chapter my team was going to present), and it occurred to me to make a question activity about the concepts in the chapter. My team partners agreed with this exercise. Whoever answered the question correctly would receive a Gansito(little snack cakes). The Gansito worked as an incentive for the audience to put attention. That way, my fellow classmates would have no trouble when taking the chapter quiz on blackboard. 

In summary, my team made the students do aerobics for 2 minutes, we putted the audience to close their eyes and to make some relaxing breath exercises, and finally provided the question activity. Everybody liked it. Sometimes when I close my eyes, I go back to that moment of satisfaction, my first successful and the best presentation I ever made in college.

No comments:

Post a Comment