Saturday, December 15, 2012

"I Must", "I Want".

Since I learned  how the power of words work, I had made attempts to switch my writing duties from a "must" to a "want". The power of words functions like a ladder, having the"must" word as the lowest level, having the word "want" in the middle, and having the words"I promise" at the top of the ladder; the closest to the top, the more likely you will do what you say. Must of the writings I do are made to turn them in for a better grade, so my writing duties are a "must"(I must do this).

I can't change drastically from a must to a promise, so my current target is to move my statements into "I want to do this" statements. My attempts are to make me feel the same sensation in the writing like when I do one of my hobbies like playing card games or soccer. That way I can instinctively think, "I want to do this", and  writing would be a much easier task to do. Here are some examples I made by pouring my hobbies in the paragraphs:
Finally the enemy, accompanied with a variety of creatures and species, appeared in the front line. The battle was ready to initiate, my rats were eager for skulls, and my Di Jinns were ready to blow up the foe's eardrums by playing their cursed music.(yu-gi-oh).
Raul barely touches the ball. The Loco has fooled him. The Loco keeps moving. Indio rushes chases after Loco. Indio takes the ball. Loco is chasing after Indio. INDIO CHARGES IN, and, anD, AND, GOOOOALL! GOoolazo, aza, azo.(soccer).
By appliyng the "I want technique" I hope to improve not just in english, but with all my classes as well. Doing what you have to do is better done if you want to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment