Friday, December 14, 2012

F In Disguise

May 2011.

I deserved an F and not a D. Should I be happy or sad?

My high school graduation was approaching and I was 100% sure I had a fat F grade for precalculus. I would like to have a D(the D grade was a bad passable grade in high school, but still it was a passable grade). In a week of May, the math teacher gave us a study guide for the finals,"If you guys turn that study guide back to me, I'll rise your grades by one letter". Shoot, this was my opportunity to rise my grade, but to finish the study guide was a great task. It was like reading in a strange language based mostly in numbers.
In the end, I didn't turn the study guide back. Finals came in and I scored close to 50%. In the day for receiving grades, for some reason, I got the D letter on my post card. I was perplexed about how my grade raised up, and I asked the teacher for an explanation.
"Are you complainning with me because  you want to receive a lower grade?, he asked. I kept silent. Well, at least I passed the class, right? I should be proud of myself.
 I was not happy at all.I didn't deserved that D.

Later on, based on a conversation I had with another teacher, it resulted that the current school director was pushing the teachers to put better grades on the students' post cards. The director wanted to look good in front of the parents' students. After knowing this fact, I was sure that my D was not real. I still have regrets of accepting that undeserved D. That D was an ugly F in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment