Thursday, October 4, 2012

At Some Extent.

I don't mind living near people with different cultural values, or with different sexual orientation. What I do mind is living near neighbors who would throw rocks at my house and would punch his/her own dogs. My ex-neighbor, Don Chava, was that kind of neighbor.

I'll never forget that crazy dude. I accept people for who they are to a certain extent, but not this. He wore glasses, a sweater, jeans, had a mustach, black hair, was thin, walked straight, and had wrinkles on his forehead: he looked normal but he wasn't.  We once asked him why he punched out his own dogs, and he would say "I want them to respect me". You could just look at how his pets reacted to human contact, when I wanted to touch these two big German Shephards they would step back and hide their tails between their legs. My family had to act as if nothing happened, but hell! we didn't accepted his way of looking at things. This old geezer even poisoned half of the cats in the area, whether they had a collar or not.

It would be great to have a society where everyone is accepted by who they truly are, but I would not accept people as Don Chava, the tormentor of pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment